10 Things You Didn’t Know About Hey Now! Media Brand Strategist and Copywriter: Matt DeFaveri
- What is one of your favorite quotes: “You’d be surprised how many nights go into an overnight success.” -Anonymous
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing: Dishes are a perpetual nightmare, which is a terrible attitude when someone enjoys cooking as much as I do.
- What has been your proudest moment at Hey Now!? Honestly, I can’t pick one project over any other. It’s been an incredible opportunity re-branding so many local companies and bolstering Cleveland’s small business market.
- What is one thing most people don’t know about you? I was diagnosed with Tourette’s Syndrome when I was six years old and published a book in college about my experiences living with the disorder, called This Is Not Profanity.
- Best thing about living/working in Cleveland? Living downtown has been an amazing experience, and the opening of the stunning Heinen’s across the street from my apartment has been heaven sent. Coming from Boston, it’s incredibly exciting to watch Cleveland come into its own and I can’t wait to see what’s next for downtown.
- What is one thing you can’t live without? A writer’s best friend: good bourbon or scotch.
- If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be and why? Oh man. I have to pick a single food? Seriously? I guess I’ll go with my current obsession, which are the Cubano sandwiches from Jon Favreau’s movie Chef. I’m actually about to head to Heinen’s to pick up some pork shoulder, orange juice, lime juice and fresh herbs and let everything marinade overnight before I slow roast the shoulder tomorrow. My stomach’s grumbling thinking about it so I’m going to have to stop now.
- Do you have a nickname? Hmm. Nothing terribly interesting. Kids used to call me “DeFav” in 8th grade, although a lot of people tell me I’m practically Schmidt from New Girl. I think that’s a bad thing.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? There’s a small fishing village north of Dublin called Dalkey, where I hiked four miles uphill in a torrential downpour before the narrow path gave way to a clearing overlooking the Irish Sea. The clouds parted just as I reached the highest point on the hill and the resulting view was breathtaking.
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you? Tim Allen, because Home Improvement is the best show ever.
Matt is a versatile, prolific and well-dressed copywriter and brand strategist. He studied writing, literature and publishing at Emerson College in Boston, MA and is an expert Netflix binge-watcher. His current author obsessions are Haruki Murakami and Dave Eggers, brunch is his favorite meal in the entire world and he appreciates a good sweater vest. Connect with him at email@example.com.